Green Drink Ingredients:
¼ cup radicchio
1 purple carrot
¼ cup parsley
½ cup Swiss chard
½ cup filtered water
After you gather these raw vegetables, simply blend with ice into a large smoothie, which still contains all the vital cellulose.
You don’t have to follow this recipe to the letter. You can make it to your taste. You can replace the spinach with mixed greens or kale. You can trade out a lemon for the lime.
Green Drink Health Benefits:
- The vital cellulose can’t be digested. So it speeds digestion and prevents constipation. It also reduces the chances that your intestines will develop weak pockets that can bleed or harbor infections.
- Increased Mental Clarity and Focus.
- Green drinks are high in antioxidants and phytonutrients. You get an infusion of vegetables and antioxidants without eating pounds of food. Not only are you giving your body the best defenses for disease, but you are ingesting a variety of natural supplements that are essential for optimum health and fitness.
- Clearer Skin. Green drinks are high in fiber and allow your body to eliminate toxins the right way instead of through your skin.
- A great healthy alternative to soda
- Help you shed visceral fat.
- Low calorie, low sodium High fiber. Green drinks provide the nutrition, vitamins, minerals, healthy carbohydrates, fiber and low fat whole food that you need to lose weight quickly, safely and effectively without starving yourself.
If you’d like slightly sweet juice drink, try this smoothie instead:
1 Whole Lemon, Peeled
¼ Cup of Cilantro
4 Heads of Broccoli with stems
¼-½ Apple (for a sweeter taste, try red delicious.For more tang, granny smith)
1/16th Piece of Turmeric
¼ Cup of Coconut Water
¼ Cup of Filtered Tap Water
¼ Cup of Spinach
¼ Cup of arugula
6 stalks of dandelion greens
4 Baby Carrots
½ Cup of Ice
Blend and enjoy! But remember, you don’t want to spike your blood-sugar, which will end up stored as fat.
So choose ingredients that will keep the mix low on the glycemic index. And here’s a link to Dr. Sears’ glycemic guide that you can use to help you with ortho-nutrition.