How to Increase Website and Blog Traffic
One question that I get asked repeatedly is “how do I get more traffic to my site?” Well, here are links to 10 of my favorite articles written about getting and increasing traffic to your website or blog.
- 130 Ways to Get More Website Traffic: A Sumo-Sized Guide – This article lists examples and details for each tactic. It’s a one stop resource (in my opinion). But here are a few others…
- 25 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Website – This is a more concise more technical list.
- 17 Ways To Immediately Improve Your Website Traffic – Entrepreneur.com speaks to the small business owners among us.
- 39 Actionable Ideas For Driving Traffic To Your Website – by Jayson DeMers, Forbes Entrepreneur contributor. He “de-mystify SEO and online marketing for business owners”.
- How To Grow a New Website to Over 100,000 Organic Visits Per Month – This is a case study on how SEO Nick built a website that receives over 100,000 visitors per month, in less than 1 year, without spending $1 on advertising.
- 21 Tactics to Increase Blog Traffic – This post is intended to be useful to all forms of bloggers – independent folks, those seeking to monetize, and marketing professionals working an in-house blog from tiny startups to huge companies. Not all of the tactics will work for everyone, but at least some of these should be applicable and useful.
- 20 Ways To Drive More Traffic To Your Blog – Advise # 20 is my favorite – “Finally, have fun with your blog. If it feels like drudgery, your readers will notice. But if you enjoy producing the content, that will come across and have a tremendous impact on your success.”
- How To Increase Blog Traffic: 5 Easy Steps to Stardom – A list of five easy steps you can start taking to increase blog traffic!
- Get More Blog Traffic NOW with These 25 Masterful Tips – 25 specific tips aimed at boosting blog traffic — every one of them offers a strategy to start using right now.
- 57 Ways to Boost Your Blog Traffic – An oldie but goodie – still very relevant.
Here is my top 5 list
- Use Social Media – I wrote about it here
- Build an email list – Email marketing can be a powerful tool, and even a moderately successful email blast can result in a significant increase in traffic to your site.
- Blogging – Create a blog and update it frequently with great quality content – you can find some here and here.
- On Page SEO – An important aspect of SEO is making your website easy for
both users and search engine robots to understand. SEO helps search engines figure out what each page is about, and how it may be useful for users.
- Run a Giveaway – A giveaway is a great way to get more traffic to your site as well as get more email subscribers.
Over to you – What are your tips?